Poison Safety

If you suspect that your child may have ingested a poison, call 911 immediately. The number of the Poison Control Center is 800-222-1222.

Young Children Risks


Young children are curious and use their home as a place to learn and explore. Exploring for younger children is often done by mouthing objects which puts them at greater risk of unintentional poisonings. For young children who are unable to read, a bottle of orange-scented household cleaner may be mistaken for orange juice; the medicine in a pill container may look like candy; and baby oil, which can be deadly if ingested, can resemble a clear drink.

Source: U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission
Danger Poison