777 SW Dalton Circle
Port Saint Lucie, FL 34953
Fire Station 10 was built in 1985 and was dedicated in memory of Assistant Chief R. L. “Bunk” Barton, who served the Fire District from 1933 to 1960. The area is economically and culturally diverse. The initial response area is mostly residential with an emerging mixture of commercial and industrial properties. There are three academic schools within a three-mile radius of the station. The response area also includes several shopping plazas and light industrial business. All of these commercial/ light industrial plazas present individual characteristics, such as access issues, unknown hazardous materials, highly flammable liquids, and evacuation concerns. The response zone also includes Port St. Lucie City Hall and the City of Port St. Lucie Public Works Department consisting of vehicle and machinery storage, mechanic’s shop and fuel depot. In addition, station 10 responds to the Florida’s Turnpike as well as provides back up for Interstate 95.